As the first month of the New Year is coming to a close some of your customers are beginning to question their resolution to eat healthier, one reason, out of flavor boredom. As a main staple in a many healthy diets, salads can become repetitive and boring, when it comes to flavor. This can cause our taste buds to crave new flavors and textures to accompany our romaine or iceberg filled meals. Try a few of these products, from Truly Good Foods, to complement your salad offering. Your customers will satisfy their taste buds and fill their stomach without the guilt of failing on those healthy eating resolutions:
1. Five Star Nut Mix®- This nut mix is the perfect combination of nuts to add to any salad. Filled with the almonds, cashews, pecans, macadamia nuts, and shell pistachios, Five Star Nut Mix® is the perfect combination of textures, crunch, and tastes to mix with your leafy greens.
2. Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds- Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds are a great choice for your salad bar because they are not only a crunchy element, but also are filled with nutrients without a lot of calories.
3. Mini Fruit Mix™- Dried fruits are a great textural addition to a salad as well as a burst of sweet and tangy to compliment your favorite salad dressing. Mini Fruit Mix™ will give you a wide range of flavors with different sweet notes from the raisins, golden raisins, diced pineapple, blueberries, and diced mango and papaya as well as the tart and tanginess from the cranberries; each bite is a different mixture of flavors. Your salad will never be boring again!
4. NEW Oriental Supreme with Wasabi Peas- If you serve courageous eaters, Oriental Supreme with Wasabi Peas snack mix is a great salad topper option! With a heat from the wasabi peas, roasted peanuts, crunchy rice snacks, pretzels and sesame sticks your salad bar will be transformed into an explosion of bold flavors.
5. Perfectly Fit™-For the traditional snack mix enthusiast, Perfectly Fit™ is the perfect match for a salad. With tangy and sweet cranberries and blueberries, and various crunchy nuts (walnuts, almonds, and cashews) and pumpkin seeds, your normal everyday salad will become a salad you want to eat.
At Truly Good Foods, the options to top a salad are countless! There a numerous combinations that can be created with our dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and snack mixes for you to try out on your salad bar today; take a look at all of our products and start changing up salad bar selection today.