Nuts and dried fruits are not just a great snack food alternative for your customers to munch on when they get hungry, but also can improve their overall mood. With an improved mood, your customers have the ability to focus more efficiently and be more productive, which creates an improved work environment. Here are some snack ideas for you to offer, and how they contribute to mood improvement:
1. Walnuts are one of the richest dietary sources of serotonin, a chemical in your brain that helps create calm and happiness, as well as improve mood and feelings of self-worth.
2. Almonds pack a lot of nutrients, including folate and magnesium. Magnesium plays a large role in the development of serotonin, which is a major contributor to feelings of happiness in your brain.
3. Cashews are high in zinc which is factor in decreasing depressive symptoms, as the vitamin can improve the response of anti-depressants while reducing the side effects of anti-depression medication.
4. Pumpkin Seeds are packed with nutrients such as proteins, amino acids, minerals, fibers, vitamins and complex carbohydrates and your daily recommended amount of zinc, which is vital for increasing brainpower by enhancing memory and focus.
5. Brazil nuts are high in selenium. Selenium, a powerful antioxidant, has been proven to boost mood and mental performance.
6. Goji Berries increase the body’s ability to handle stress and support healthy mood, mind and memory- all while giving you the get-up-and-go energy you need to get through the day.
7. Blueberries (yes dried blueberries have the same nutrients and vitamins) have high levels of polyphenols, antioxidative and anti-inflammatory compounds that positively impact the nervous system and brain function, helping to combat memory loss and enhance your mood.
8. Mango & Strawberries are packed with vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant has been shown to decrease depressive symptoms by helping your body stop the buildup of free radicals and recover faster from stress.
9. Bananas contain the important amino acid tryptophan and also vitamins A, B6 and C, fiber, potassium, phosphorous, iron and carbohydrate. Mood-boosting carbohydrates aid in the absorption of tryptophan in the brain, and vitamin B6 helps convert the tryptophan into the mood-lifting hormone serotonin. This helps to boost your mood and also aids good sleep.
10. Apples contains the mighty flavonoid quercetin, an antioxidant that may act as a natural antihistamine and block substances that cause allergy symptoms.
When overall health is improved and moods are lifted, it promotes an overall happier, healthier, and more productive work place. So make sure you have plenty of mood boosting snack options for your customers, from Truly Good Foods!