Today is National Jelly Bean Day!
In honor of this classic candy treat, we decided to see which of our jelly bean flavors are purchased most often by you; our customers!
Our top 10 selling flavors are as follows:
1. Buttered Popcorn
2. Very Cherry
3. Green Apple
4. French Vanilla
5. Tutti Frutti
7. Cotton Candy
9. Berry Blue
- Cherry historically was the favorite flavor until 1998 when Buttered Popcorn flavor was introduced
- Jelly beans have actually traveled into space on a spaceship!
- On average it takes 7 to 21 days to make a single jelly bean
- Each year in the U.S, there are 16 billion jelly beans manufactured just for Easter. This is enough to circle the Earth more than 3 times if they were laid end to end
- Jelly beans use a process called “panning” which creates the hard outer shell while preserving the gooey middle
- Jelly beans were the first candy to be sold by weight rather than by piece
- Even though the origin of jelly beans is kind of a mystery, they’re thought to be a descendant of Turkish Delight or Jordan Almond
Grab a handful of this classic snack today!
Primary Source foodimentary.com