It’s National Nutrition Month and the beginning of spring − two great reasons to return to the basics of healthy eating. Nuts and seeds are already a better-for you option when it comes to snacking, but we wanted to dive a little deeper and see which of our snacks reign supreme. We’re looking for the snacks that meet ALL of our dietary criteria:
Good Source of Fiber, Good Source of Protein, Low or No Sodium and No Artificial Ingredients.
Here are 12 of our heavy hitters when it comes to healthiest snacks:
- Berry Natural : A better-for-you version of its Berry Good namesake.
- Blackened Pumpkin Seeds : High in protein and iron, pumpkin seeds are always a good choice. These are blackened for added taste.
- Brazil Nuts Cube : A delicious rich taste and 2,500 times more selenium than other nuts.
- Brown Flax Seeds Cube : This healthy snack is a good choice when you’re looking to add more fiber and Omega-3 to your diet.
- Capitol Mix II : With three different kinds of peanuts, this is an all natural powerhouse of protein and fiber.
- College Crunch : A better-for-you snack option that is full of fiber and protein.
- Moonburst trEAT4u : An interesting mix of nuts and dried fruit with a sweet addition of chocolate.
- Natural Almonds Mini Cube : An all natural snack that’ll keep your heart happy and your energy up.
- Pistachios Snack Treasure : We work with some of the best growers around to ensure creamy, meaty pistachio nuts that are always delicious.
- Redskin Peanuts : These peanuts have the skin on for an added richness of flavor and classic look.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds : These are great for snacking or to add in salads for an extra protein boost.
- Sunflower Seeds : Full of protein and great for all ages to snack on.