From small versions in homes to grand scale ones at hotels, gingerbread houses are a classic holiday tradition. We love working with our customers to offer candy items to decorate your gingerbread house with unique components.
In addition to our bestselling list below, here are some of our favorite ways to decorate a gingerbread house:
- Use sliced almonds to decorate above windows for some added texture.
- Round green jelly candies make great shrubs.
- Use candy canes for light posts or house columns.
- Add nonpareils to the roof for a textured monochromatic look.
- For a colorful look, add multi-colored rainbow Sour Belts for a striped roof.
- A building tip: hard, dry candies—like sour or gumballs and peppermints—will last longer than chocolates and gummies.
- Give your gingerbread house a white Christmas by covering the base with fake snow. Shaved coconut works perfect for the right texture and fluffiness of freshly fallen snow.
Full PDF list of our bestselling items for gingerbread houses.