Label Insight released the results from a national consumer survey of 1,023 Americans conducted by Wakefield Research on eating habits in 2018.
A few highlights from the survey:
- Most Americans (67%) will be prioritizing healthy or socially conscious food purchases in 2018.
- Their primary point of eating healthy is to cut back on sugars, according to almost half of consumers interviewed. These consumers plan to eat less sugar or buy more “no sugar added” products this year.
- The next most important purchase factors are:
- Emphasizing natural ingredient purchases, such as those with “no artificial colors or flavors” (37%)
- Shopping for more sustainable products and ingredients (22%).
More info on the research can be found HERE.