The 68th annual PMA Fresh Summit was held this past weekend in New Orleans with close to 20,000 attendees. The show is targeted to leaders in the global fresh produce and floral industries and it’s the leading place to showcase new products, technologies and innovations.
Some trends we noticed on the floor this year include:
- Lots of riced vegetables.
- More organic fruit and vegetables.
- Big focus on fresh and keeping produce fresh.
- Alternative uses for the same product. Sweet potato is also used for chips, purees, etc.
- Focus on protein (avocado especially).
- Saw a lot of products being put into grab and go containers, or smaller portions.
- Products being geared towards health and convenience: veggie noodles and quick and easy sides: seasoned potatoes with butter in package, seasoned mushrooms easy to heat up.
- Lots of pre-diced, pre-cooked easy to make options.
- Smaller, cleaner packaging design with clean labels.
Truly Good Foods exhibited a variety of retail snacks with a focus on better-for-you options with bold flavors. New product Veggie Cubes was unveiled at the show. Click Here for a full look of products featured at PMA Fresh Summit.